The School’s In for Refugees website was launched by The Hon. James Merlino MP on August 19 2020.
School’s In for Refugees is a resource designed to support schools and school staff to provide high-quality education for students from refugee backgrounds. The website provides a range of tools and strategies that complement the best-practice standards currently used in Victorian schools.
The launch featured:
• A special message from The Hon. James Merlino, Deputy Premier and Minister for Education
• A welcome and introduction by Paris Aristotle AO, CEO of Foundation House
• A tour of the website by Greg Gow, Program Leader of Education & Early Years
• A case study presentation by Cheryl Van Deursen, Principal of Cranbourne Primary School
• An interactive Q&A discussion.
For those who were unable to attend, a recording of the event can be found below: