In Module A, we introduce the refugee experience and Foundation House School Support Program’s whole-school approach to supporting students of refugee background.
- Explore common elements of the refugee experience
- Examine global and local data relating to the Humanitarian program and resettlement in Australia
- Use both the Foundation House Trauma Recovery Framework and Three lenses for understanding refugee experiences tools
- Unpack case studies with the opportunity to discuss and respond to the material and consider how they might apply it in their context
This module is a pre-requisite to all other Foundation House School Support Program training.
It is recommended that participants book to complete modules A&B together.
- Positive Climate for Learning
Australian Professional Standards for Teachers
2 – Know students and how they learn
4 -Create and maintain supportive and safe learning environments
6 – Engage in professional learning
Date: Tuesday 23rd Feb