This professional learning workshop introduces the refugee experience in early years and the Foundation House Trauma Recovery Framework.
- The definition of a refugee and asylum seeker;
- The impact of trauma on children’s development and wellbeing;
- An exploration of the common elements of the refugee experience;
- The role of early childhood programs and services in supporting recovery from trauma;
- Practical examples, strategies and case studies; and
- Global and local data around Humanitarian program and resettlement in Australia.
Professionals from a variety of Early Years programs and services including Educators, Teachers and Nurses from Kindergartens, Maternal and Child Health, Child Care and Supported Playgroups.
NO PRE-REQUISITE REQUIRED
Foundation House is able to offer professional development for those working with children and families in early years through the support of the Victorian Department of Education and Training, therefore there is no charge for this workshop.
- 19th July 2023
- 1:00 PM – 3:00 PM AEDT
- Online via Zoom
- Presented by Kathy Cooney
- This workshop is a FREE professional learning day presented by Foundation House
- Registrations essential