In this full day workshop, we cover both of our foundation modules, with opportunities to work collaboratively with other professionals from a range of schools and services.
- Explore common elements of refugee experiences
- Examine global and local data relating to the Humanitarian program and resettlement in Australia
- Use both the Foundation House Trauma Recovery Framework and Three lenses for understanding refugee experiences tools
- Unpack case studies with the opportunity to discuss and respond to the material and consider how they might apply it in their context
This module is a pre-requisite to all other Foundation House School Support Program training.
- Reflect on their experiences with students of refugee background through a focus on the traumatic impacts of refugee experiences upon students’ engagement, learning and wellbeing
- Explore causes and manifestations of students’ trauma reactions related to their refugee experiences
- Use case studies to help illustrate trauma reactions and collaborate with colleagues to determine strategies for responding in the school context
- Understand their role in relation to student disclosures of traumatic experiences and supporting students
These workshops are aligned to the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers.
School leaders, teachers, Education Support and Wellbeing staff.
Foundation House Education & Early Years Program is able to provide a professional development program to teachers and those working in and with schools through the support of the Department of Education and Training, therefore no charge to participants for this workshop.
- Tuesday 6th June 2023
- 9:30 AM – 3:30 PM AEDT
- Online via Zoom
- Presented by Allison Greene
- This workshop is a FREE professional learning day presented by Foundation House
- Registrations essential