This half day workshop is designed to assist schools and individuals to understand the challenges families of refugee backgrounds may face in engaging with their child’s school and to develop strategies to move towards working in partnership with these families.
- Build their understanding of the possible impacts of refugee experiences on families
- Learn about the engagement continuum and how to move towards partnership
- Unpack a range of strategies to enhance family engagement and partnerships while supporting trauma recovery
School leaders, teachers, Education Support and Wellbeing staff with responsibility for or interest in engaging families.
It is recommended that participants complete module A The Refugee Experience prior to this workshop.
Foundation House Education & Early Years Program is able to provide a professional development program to teachers and those working in and with schools through the support of the Department of Education and Training, therefore no charge to participants for this workshop.
- Wednesday 9 November 2022
- 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM AEDT
- Online via Zoom
- Presented by Allison Greene