Foundation House are offering RESP schools an opportunity to engage in this workshop to support schools in delivering a year 7 transition/orientation program for all students with a focus on celebrating diversity, building cultural understanding and inclusion. The workshop offers an interactive train the trainer opportunity where school staff will gain practical skills and understanding of how to facilitate an orientation program to support year 7 students in transitioning to secondary school and making connections with peers and wellbeing staff.
- Gain the practical skill to facilitate an orientation program in their school.
- Learn through practical demonstration of session activities.
- Gain resources to facilitate sessions including session logistics materials, running sheets and facilitator activity sheets.
- Gain knowledge about the experiences of schools who have previously used the model including previous student feedback and data.
Transition coordinators, MEAs, Wellbeing staff, Year level coordinators and other relevant school staff.
NO PRE-REQUISITE REQUIRED.
Foundation House Education & Early Years Program is able to provide a professional development program to teachers and those working in and with schools through the support of the Department of Education and Training, therefore no charge to participants for this workshop.
- Thursday 2nd November 2023
- 9:30 AM – 11:30 AM AEDT
- 2 hour workshop, onsite at Brunswick
- Presented by Masooda Osmani
- This workshop is a FREE professional learning day presented by Foundation House
- Registrations essential