This half day workshop is aimed at school staff supporting students of refugee backgrounds as they transition into, through or out of school. It aims to support the work of school administrators, teachers, leaders and education support workers.
- Review the likely impacts of refugee experiences, including forced transitions, on students learning and behaviour
- Review and discuss research and good practice examples relating to enrolment practices, transition programs and supporting successful transitions
- Reflect on current transitions practices and determine next steps for your setting
School leaders, teachers, Education Support and Wellbeing staff.
It is recommended that participants complete Module A: The Refugee Experience prior to this workshop.
Foundation House Education & Early Years Program is able to provide a professional development program to teachers and those working in and with schools through the support of the Department of Education and Training, therefore no charge to participants for this workshop.
- Thursday 10th August 2023
- 9:30 AM – 1:00 PM AEDT
- Online via Zoom
- Presented by Allison Greene
- This workshop is a FREE professional learning day presented by Foundation House
- Registrations essential